Vibe is a student led organisation that was set up in 2009 in conjunction with the UCL Volunteering Society Innovations Programme.
It originally stood for Visually Impaired Befriending Exercise.
Did you know?
- There are around 2 million blind and partially sighted people living in the UK.
- Only 4% of people who are registered blind see nothing at all.
- Every day over 100 people start to lose their sight.
- 1 in 12 of us will become blind or partially sighted by the time we are 60.
- Only 3% of blind and partially sighted people can read Braille.
- 70% of visually impaired people can read large print.
- 84% of visually impaired people of working age are unemployed.